Wedding Trivia

Well the wedding was now 2 days ago and what a fantastic day it was. Groom and Bride looked fantastic, location was amazing, food was just divine and there was plenty of wine so it just couldn't get any better could it? well yes it could because the weather was glorious as well.

The wedding was held at Wyck hill house and spa at Gloucester,  which is definitely a very special place indeed, especially the grounds and all the little places you can just sit and chat. We didn't stay over as we had to be back as hubby had work in the morning plus we needed to pick up our puppy dog.Many of the guests booked rooms though and we did see my parents room which was just beautiful, and so spacious . I think my lounge and conservatory would have fitted quite nicely inside their bedroom!!!


here is a picture of the very happy couple; Mr and Mrs Speller.

I was a tad embarrassed because i was thanked like a billion times for the bits and bobs that i helped with, and for the reading that i wrote and delivered at the actual ceremony, its just such a privilege to be asked sometimes, and when the result is pleasing to everyone it does give you that lovely little inner glow.


This is a picture of the happy couple with Mr and Mrs Speller Snr. 


And a rather rare picture of yours truly holding up a rather decent sized wine glass. Mind you the prices were a bit steep....My mum told me that her friends son had popped a couple of double special malt whiskeys that he had on the room tab... only for her to find out the doubles were £18 each... i think i would have killed him.... it did make me giggle though.
Its a shame i didn't get a photograph of the food and its presentation...i did to be honest think about it, but then i was so starving i just tucked right on in so no glorious pictures to show you although if someone else posts them on fb i shall attempt to steal them and then i can share them with you.
No body set fire to my doves you will be pleased to know, they all remained in tact, and as their were helium balloons attached to the bird cages, had someone lit one i think the whole hotel room would have gone up.


 

A picture of my 3 handsome sons, who looked just edible.

I am now going to set to work on a paper-crafted wedding album as an extra special gift for my brother and new sister in-law, so that should keep me occupied over the half term. Plus it will give me chance to wade through all my craft supplies that have been kept tucked away in the cupboard, and for me to discover all the goodies all over again.

I haven't been to the gym since Friday as i  work weekends,  although i had obviously booked the Sunday off for the wedding . I am working my  Easter Sunday hours over two days to make up for when the store is closed this coming week  and my eldest son ..yes that would be him grinning in the first picture, virtually legged it the minute i got in from work today and has gone out with his mates, so i am home alone with the other 2 little cherubs. I will hopefully get to pop to the gym a bit later when he gets home as i want to at least feel like i'm doing something, although the use of my legs without pain has been rather nice these last few days.
Well shall sign off for now and go and make a coffee and browse through my craft supplies.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking