sad times and baking

Haven't been on here for a bit, we have had some very sad news concerning my father in law who has been battling cancer for the last 5 years.... unfortunately he has taken a turn for the worse and is currently being cared for by our local hospice, and now sadly it is just a matter of time.

We have been reading all the reports of Britain in the big freeze and that the entire country is frozen or covered in snow.... well that would be all of Great Britain then..apart from Weston super mare... where i have not seen one little flurry of whiteness!! Not that I'm complaining because it does cause traffic problems and minor injuries, but a pretty sprinkle would have been nice.

I've been  baking in the  week, I've made several loaves of bread..plus .some bread rolls that could have been used for throwing at coconuts..i didn't give them to the birds they would have probably choked. i did make some chocolate nut brownies which were a success, and i made some lemon meringue tarts, so i have been rather proud of myself and my efforts.


Comments

  1. Hang in there Jill. I know it can't be easy for any of you, especially as you've done this too many times before- we're all thinking of you, so take care- we're here whenever you need us xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????