Aching muscles and a singing heart....

well what simply gorgeous weather, i cant believe how wonderful it is to wake to Mr sunshine and feel his warmth all day long.
Well a week of activity has passed and i have gone through and still going through several stages of learning to walk again...or so it feels. The Gym membership is as i feared torture!!

Well the first lesson was a bit of a nightmare to be honest, mirrors everywhere so it didn't matter where i looked i could see this overweight wobbly red faced person who looked straight back at me with horror on her face. I kid you not i was knackered half way through the warm up and only sheer determination and the fact that i was stuck right at the front of the class and couldn't escape without trampling down much fitter and toned people than me, saw me survive my first class... did i happen to mention that i HATE SQUATS!!! LBT  is code for squats !!! I never liked them in my fitter days so now they are just evil personified.
I struggled to walk when i had finished the class, but i left feeling shattered and positive that i had taken the first step and begun my quest for fitness...so far a week on.... it has been my only class!!
However, the following day i waddled back for more and hit the gym following my routine that my Gym instructor Lindsay had devised.
It sounded quite OK when she was going through it with me...nice little routine lasting about 40/45 mins starting and finishing on the treadmill....well it involved SQUATS while i was holding a viper ( its a gym thing shaped like a cylinder with holes in it for yr hands and thumbs) i suppose in hind sight it takes after its name... i should have realized, had i not been so naive....  and then a kettle ball...and a couple of routines killing my arms and yes once again my thighs as i had to SQUAT and then thrust forward with my hips and swing the kettle ball... luckily it didn't slip out of my hand and become a shot putt, as i'm sure that if it clocked you on the head at 6kg you would probably be comatose for a long time...anyway suffice to say at the end of the session i couldn't get down the stairs ...my legs felt like lead weights and also as if they didn't belong to me.
i did manage (with a kind of bad impression of a John Wayne swagger) to get to the pool and oh my the water was lovely it took all the pain away while i was swimming happily up and down...bit of a shock when i had to get out of the water and the buoyancy just disappeared!!
i did go for a swim on Friday after doing my weekly shop and did 30 lengths which i was well chuffed with. i didn't do any exercise over the weekend as i was working and by Monday morning after feeling almost normal with my walking down the stairs  i went back to the gym to do my routine....BIG MISTAKE. first squat and the pain seared through my thighs like a steak on a BBQ... oh it was agony.... but i managed to complete my routine and then yesterday i went for another 30 length swim. Today i have done nothing down the gym..as I've been really busy at home and i'm glad to say my legs are loosening up again....i am hoping this is what is called progress :).

I've been taking pictures of the buds opening in our garden, they are so pretty, but don't last long...
 Magnolia Bud.

 Birdie house.

My bird house in the center picture is what my youngest baby bought me last year for mothers day, and i'm pleased to announce that i could well be a grandmother to some baby blue tits.  Mummy and Daddy blue tit have been flitting in and out of the house with nest bits, i'm so excited to think that they have chosen my garden. i'm watching Minnie the minx like a hawk !!!
i should mention that Mr or Mrs Blue tit was seen today plucking 4 petals off of my magnolia flowers...criminal damage in my own garden!! It didn't even pick them up and take it on up into the birdhouse to line the walls of its nest.


Last week also saw my baby boy's birthday and him turn to the ripe old age of 10. He had some friends over for his birthday tea which all went very well. He was quite upset when they all went, complaining that he had to wait soooooooooooooooo long for his birthday and it was all over . i did feel for him, as his baby blue eyes glistened over.  i made party cups full of sweets instead of party bags and wrapped them up in a bit of cellophane i had left from Christmas.


Middle son is well into his booster lessons as he has his sats in May, he has been working really hard and going to homework club, i do so hope that all his hard work pays off. He is off on a school trip to the Isle of wight at the beginning of July, so he has that to look forward to as a lovely reward...i cant believe he is off to secondary school in September.

Eldest son is very happy as his new Ikea bedroom furniture arrived yesterday, so when i said i was busy i didn't lie, we had to empty his room of all his old stuff and then build it as it was all flat packed and put back all the stuff after...well we started at 9am yesterday and finished at about 12 noon today with about 6 hours sleep in between, the result is fantastic and he is a very happy 19 yr old.

Well the wedding of the year is looming ever closer..only 4 days now... i finished off the table plan thus completing my tasks. My only task now is to find something to wear!! i ordered a hat off of Marks and Spencer for next day delivery yesterday, i had to take this picture of how it arrived this morning....
Fortunately the hat lived to tell the tale unscathed. Now i just need an outfit .
This is the table plan...

i popped little crystals under each table name to add more bling..the photographer (ahem) doesn't really do it justice.
Right i think i have caught up with myself now, so i shall bid you all goodnight and enjoy the sunshine tomorrow....if its still nice :) x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking