As the clocks are due to go forward.......

so am i!!
Today i had my epiphany... is that the right word??? i think the normal saying is my light bulb moment...when i realized after years of going through the same feelings and emotions especially at the full moon stage of pmt, that i do not value myself highly enough..and i should.............
and i have (as i'm sure to document over the next year..because that is my commitment to pain and torture),joined a health club .
i know it sounds stoooooopid but it takes me quite a lot of courage to divert from my usual routine of school drop off run and home and the school pick up  run and home with a little bit of diversity to the supermarket on a Friday morning, so actually wandering along the road and into the health club was a little bit of a challenge..no i'm not kidding because i think i'm a bit of a phobic.. but i'm not sure which one i fall under.
Anyway they asked what my main reason was for joining... well to be honest i couldn't even think of a reason, i was at that point wondering where i was and what i was actually doing.. so without sounding like a bit of snicker.. i answered ..well to feel better about myself and to gain some confidence... obviously my brain was controlling my mouth at that point and must have given a good answer because security wasn't called and the next thing was i was being shown around the place.
As a back track, decades ago( because sadly that is what it is now decades rather than years ago), i was really into sport and fitness and was rather good at it... i had dreams of being a P.E instructor or getting into the police... i did get offered a place in the RAF police but that is another branch of the story of life..anyway i digress... 
i was taken up to this massive room with loads of big scary machines ad i means loads of them... i already have nicknames for them especially the torture contraption and this other new thing that they have that vibrates you to within an inch of your life  ( yes i kid you not) in front  of a massive mirror so you can see all your wobbly bits shaking you to death. Awesome!!...not.. Anyway i met this chap called Ed and this lady called Lindsay who are obviously mega fit and mega photogenic and Ed walked me around the gym and the big scary machines and the torture areas, he seemed mega nice to add to his mega-ness profile, i'm not sure if it was due to the fact that i was possibly on the verge of signing on the dotted line of no return or not... time will tell.... i must also report on the swimming pool... and the fact that the door to the ladies changing room faces the steps to the pool.. so i reckon that 5 large steps should see me safely in the pool with no one possibly even noticing :) plus the lights are quite low and gentle and blue so that has made me feel a little better.

I have signed up for my first class tomorrow of LBT... not a sandwich ... but Legs Bums and Tums....so i shall let you know how i fair. Plus i have my first training thing i cant remember what the posh word is for it... when i sit with Lindsey and she chats to me and devises a workout plan for me in the gym and shows me how to take on the machines....i am also having my hair cut tomorrow at 9am ... so all of a sudden i have a busy day... i have things going on in my life... 
i must also with out fail get to the supermarket and buy a few tubes of hair removal cream... as although the health club has a spa attached i'm not certain if the full leg wax is for one leg or two... and i am worried that they may count one of my legs as two..... 
wish me well on my new venture...xx

Comments

  1. Power to you Mrs N! Great stuff- you'll be a little gym bunny again before you know what's hit you! There will no now stopping you now- MEGA! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking