Life is too short..

Having a rather sad day in that i keep thinking about death...... obviously how and when it arrives and ultimately what it is like for those left behind.
My eldest is into keeping fit and through researching stuff on the net came across a chap who dedicated his life to eating the right stuff, training, looking good etc etc.... i say dedicated his life...he died last yr of an undetected  heart condition ....he was in his early 20's. I find it pulling on my heartstrings in that there is widely available footage on this handsome chap, so full of life.... living his dream...and then the stone cold fact that he is no longer here and it was gone in less than a heartbeat.
Of course death comes to us all, i'm not frightened of it coming for me..i don't particularly want to suffer shud i have a choice, and i would most like to be on this earth to see my children grow, be happy and have the blessing of children (and the worry) of their own.
People , young, old, fit, sick,  face battles every day with illnesses, they go to such lengths to stay alive. Some choose to dice with the life they have through drugs and other various toxins...Others have no choice ,their fate lies in the hands of someone else,  Mother Nature who can take thousands in a few moments.... and then there is War....
i guess the "Life is too short..."  is something that I don't think about on a daily basis ...I get on with the routines that I have ... I whinge and i moan  as i look at another pile of ironing and think there's another hour of my life gone today and the stupid thing is even when i have got time to do something...i don't!!!
 I think the other side of this is that if we knew we had 24 hours to left live, some may do something wild and adventurous... some may go on a massive indulgent spending trip..some..(my best friend included ) would buy Jimmy Choo shoes....Ultimately, most , me included, would want to spend it with those they love and cherish.......doing normal things, (minus the washing and ironing..).and then go to bed all snuggled up together when the 24th hour struck.
Funnily enough, I've read that some people who seem to realize this and try to get as much out of life as they can are those that have had near death trauma or experiences good and bad. I'm not going to question peoples beliefs on God or the afterlife, people were given free choice to believe in who and what they want, but even so  the fact remains that you are a long time dead.
 So on that cheery note i shall end this post, and wish you all long healthy happy lives with lots of laughter and love thrown in. For those that are having a rubbish time at the moment, i hope that you find peace and completion and love and are able to wrap it up with a big ribbon and tuck it away somewhere safe. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking