On the brink of a new skill....

Well i have finally purchased my very own sewing machine. The last time i believe i came into close contact with one was in my first year at secondary school, so you can probably guess i am a complete and utter novice. I have got as far as opening the box and oooing at it, and then found the instruction manual that i sat and tried to read and absorb. To be honest it made as much sense to me as it would had i been reading all the other language versions that were next to the English bit.
However i am inspired by the fab reviews that my little machine has...its a Brother X5 and its apparent ease of use for even the most novice beginner so tomorrow will be test day after i have dropped the kids off and  popped to the local  haberdashery .My list includes sewing machine oil, pins, threads and some chalk or pencil oh and some fabric scraps.
I will confess here that i do have a bit of a cushion fetish...and have found a tutorial on here that will (it promises) teach me how to sew and my first project will be a cushion cover...imagine my excitement.......of course i have to work out how to thread the thing and get up to speed with sewing jargon so it may be a week or so yet. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking