A Snippet before Bed....

oh my!!! I am so tired..but i thought i'd better have a little ramble on my blog before i head off to the land of slumber.
Well i had a play on the sewing machine yesterday..took me forever to work out how to thread the thing.. but once you have done it ..once, twice and about thirty times its quite straight forward. Talking of straight i have managed a few straight lines now and a rectangle and a square... i was most impressed with myself. i had a few disasters in that i didn't realize that the cotton spool actually extended so when trying to load up the bobbin the cotton did fire off the spool n hit the cat, who then proceeded to pat it around on the floor for a few seconds as i scrabbled to my feet.Took me a little while to wind it all back up but then i was back in action. The only other thing i forgot was to put the foot down to keep my fabric in place... and the over zealous excitement of the foot pedal meant that i nearly stitched myself  via my sleeve to the fabric i was practicing on.
STILL... i did it!!!
Today i decided to go through all the boxes of card kits that i have hoarded away for the last 7 years.. one of my resolutions this year is to actually use up all the things that i have purchased and quarried away like a squirrel and actually make some of the cards up... i found a box of Kanban patchwork friends Die cut's so made up a batch of those today...... i thoroughly enjoyed myself and will take a couple of pictures when they are all done. Hubby was not so impressed as he kept finding little trails of white backing squares off the foam pads all around the house.
Well am off to bed now....sleep well all in Blogger land x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introducing Geraldine my first knitted project....

Where is April going??????????????

sad times and baking